One of the best things about interior design is that business travel is always fun. I mean what is not to love about being "required" to go to Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Palm Beach, Los Angeles and Paris (okay not yet a requirement, but I am working on it). A girl has to stay on top of the latest trends.
One of my absolute favorite places to travel for business is Atlanta or I suppose I should say Buckhead, since that is where we stay. The first time I visited, I knew Buckhead and I were meant to be: everyone was friendly, everything was beautiful and everywhere we went people offered me a Diet Coke.
Last week my mom and I packed our bags and headed to Atlanta for the AmericasMart Atlanta Gift and Home Furnishing Market, some antiquing, good food, great shopping and some Southern hospitality.
Here are our top favorites from this trip to Atlanta:
1. The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market. We saw so many fun things at the mart. Some old favorites and lots of great new sources
I mean really, does it get any prettier?
|These lanterns drew us into the showroom.|
|And these fun accessories kept us looking.|
|And really how were we supposed to leave once we saw this?|
|How fun is this? I can totally envision it on the cover of House Beautiful.|
|I don't know why I love faux animal heads, but I just do. These are particularly fabulous.|
|There are no words.|
|How great is this chair? Perhaps not the most comfy, but those arms are so dramatic.|
|Tritter Feefer, fabulous furniture, fabulously attired employees.|
3. Foxglove Antiques and Galleries. One of our absolute favorite antique stores, not only do they have a fabulous selection, but it is also owned and run by some of the nicest people in Atlanta (and that is saying something!).
|I am completely obsessed with this darling chair. If only I had a house (and an extra grand laying about).|
|And doesn't this just look like it belongs on the cover of Elle Decor?|
4. Boxwoods. One of the most beautiful home and gift stores I have ever seen. My mom and I make sure to visit every time we come to town. They have a little something for everyone, their displays are gorgeous and they just opened a second shop across the street with even more goodies!
|Oh just a fabulous table display at my fabulous shop.|
|Oh and another.|
|And I have such an eye for detail I even upholstered my walls in burlap. Genius.|
5. Antica Posta. Their menu said the best chicken you will ever have and they weren't lying! Delicious Italian cuisine in a cozy setting, what more could you ask for? I am literally drooling just thinking about their chicken.
|The brilliant brothers behind Antica Posta!|
6. The Mansion on Peachtree. A wonderful place to come home to after a day of hard work. You feel like a superstar in their beautifully appointed rooms (their bathrooms are to die for). My mom and I love to take advantage of 29 Spa while we are there. What's better than a glass of wine, massage, soak in the hot tub and room service after a long day?
|Welcome Home to The Mansion on Peachtree.|
|Pretty much my normal standard of living. Ha.|
|This bathroom is approximately the size of my apartment.|
|And it is always a good idea to end any day in Atlanta with a trip to the Nieman Marcus shoe department.|